Thursday, June 11, 2020

Groove Is In The Heart

I did it.  I pulled the plug on my social media accounts.  I just could not handle all the one-sided, self-righteous political posts anymore.  I could not handle the passive aggressive bullying of, "If you don't re-post this you're part of the problem."


The whole social media scenario is toxic.  I miss FaceBook when it was just people giving updates on their kids and whatnot.  Whatever.  Things change.  My real friends know where to find me.  'Nuff said.

OK.......... Quiet Rage is remarkably social in this anti-social culture we are now in.  I've had more invitations to walks, driveway cocktail parties, dog walking adventures, covert parties, than ever.  It's ironic that this whole sheltering in place is making me incredibly social.  I guess I'm not a big fan of pomp  and I truly enjoy people's company on a one-to-one basis or in small groups.

With that being stated, I really REALLY miss my dance classes.  It's been early March since the last class.  This is so pathetic, but the grocery store I shop at plays really cool music.  My store plays:  Prince, Dead or Alive, English Beat, John Cougar, (fill in the blank fun music) and the music fills the aisles.  There I was in my mask in the produce section yesterday trying to hold myself back from breaking out in dance.  Here is what was playing.  Oh, and for the record.  I NEVER take offense when I'm told by black people, "Hey Vanilla Momma, you move pretty good for a white girl."






No comments: