Sunday, June 21, 2020

Be The Energy You Want To Perpetuate

I'm calling myself out on my own crap here, folks.  I can be *very* cranky on my blog.  I'm not a physically violent person; however, I can be very energetically violent with what I spew on my blog.  For years I've given myself the pass that I'm just venting and all of this is just letting off steam into the vastness of cyberspace.

Energy is energy is energy is energy.

Even in the slightest doubt that anybody ever reads the crap that I spew on this dumb blog that I do not promote in any way, shape, nor form, I'm still releasing that energy out into cyberspace to potentially be picked up.  Not good.  I'm making a concerted effort to focus on my own short comings.   I have many short comings; I have too many to count.  I'm owning that.  It's one of the reasons I ditched social media.  It got me all riled up over things that are separating us instead of uniting us.  I am making a concerted effort to focus on what is uniting us as opposed to what divides us.

Now, I'm changing gears completely to the abundance of cherry plumbs on our tree.

We have a cherry plumb tree in our backyard.  We jokingly call it our 'rat feeder' as birds, squirrels, raccoons, and yes RATS, feast on it when the plumbs are ripe - like right about now.  The problem is that the cherry plumbs are messy when they hit the ground and our pets (especially our daughter's new puppy) want to eat them.  Of course, that causes digestive issues I will not describe in detail.

Enter the NextDoor social media site.

Yes, I said I was off social media.  I should have stated that I don't participate in social media that is politically dominant and divisive (cough, cough FB).  I'm on NextDoor which is locally oriented and nobody is on their soapbox preaching to others how they are going to save the world and how righteous their own viewpoints are and you're a moron if you don't agree or 'like' them.  Whatever.  Where I'm going with this site is where there is an exchange with people in YOUR own neighborhood you have to look in the eye (with mask on, of course) when you post stuff.  It's a lot more difficult to be a cyber bully when you have to look your audience in the eye. 

Enter 'post your free stuff'.

I was scrolling through the stuff that my neighbors are giving away for free.  Specifically, I'm looking for a traditional filing cabinet (so last century, I know...but somethings need a home for paper) and another chair for my home office.  Anyway, a lady posted that her plumb tree was going nuts and was begging people to come and take the plumbs.  She was overwhelmed with the responses she received.

Ding ding ding ding ding ding.

I posted that our cherry plumb tree was going nuts and now I'm overwhelmed with the responses that people want them.   Ask and the universe provides.  All of these people *want* something that I thought a nuisance.  Yes, I do make plumb jam from them but that does not really put a dent in the fruit the tree produces.

So, now I will go out and pick the plumbs and place them in bags for the many, many people who posted interest in them. 

 My point is that we all balance each other out in some way, shape, or form.  What annoys me turns out to be somebody else's pleasure.  I'm taking that forward into other areas of life. 


No comments: