Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Moon Dog


We have been told this is a SuperMoon or whatever.  All I know is that a SuperMoon tends to happen at super vulnerable times for us.  For myself, what I noticed was the Moon Dog.  What is a Moon Dog you ask?  It's the ring around a full moon like the photo portrays.  What does it mean?  Well, I'm no meteorologist, but a ring around the moon means there is moisture in the upper atmosphere and that a change in weather is forthcoming -- usually in the form of a rain pattern.  Where did I learn this?  The Old Farmers' Almanac.  Scoff if you will.  The old farmers knew a thing or two.  

The super full moon makes it all the more bright an beautiful.  Imagine this full moon over the landscape of snow and the reflection  would be like daylight.  It's captivating.  I stared at it for quite a while tonight.  No, I did not bark at it if that's what you're wondering.  


No comments: