Sunday, July 16, 2017

The Drone

It's happened.  The drone has invaded the neighborhood.  It was excruciatingly hot here in Sonoma County yesterday.  After the heat of the day passed we decided to take advantage of the warm evening by having drinks and dinner in the backyard.  The sky was turning the fabulous shades of pinks, purples, organges, and blues.  It's my FAVORITE time of the day.  I love watching sunsets.

We were all looking up at the sky admiring mother nature's art....

......and then.....

.....BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZ....HOVER.......BUZZZZZZZZZZZ.ZZZZZZZ.....ZZZZZZZZ.ZZZZZZ

A drone was hovering at low altitude over the back yard.  Are you KIDDING ME???  I can't even be in my own yard minding my own business peacefully enjoying a sunset without annoying, unsolicited surveillance?  What an invasion of privacy and peace. 

I have some feist in me.  I went to the edge of the deck and did a double flipping of a certain hand extremity to demonstrate my displeasure.  It still hung there...midair....buzzing...

Hmmm... need something more to get the message across that I don't appreciate a giant, hovering, pesky mosquito with cameras invading my personal space.  They need to know I mean business.

I got out grandpa's rifle.  Granted, it's an antique and doesn't have any ammunition.  I don't even know if the thing can even fire anymore.  That wasn't the point.  I held the gun as if I were going to fire.  Hold it steady.....Ready, aim........

It was then the drone mosquito quickly buzzed off like a dog with his tail between his legs yelping the entire way. 




No comments: