Saturday, December 17, 2016

M's Boyfriend...from Bad to Worse

I'm *REALLY* trying to like M's boyfriend for M's sake.  I love my CA BFF.  We have been friends for a long, long time.  I'm also struggling with my initial dislike of the energy I felt when I met him and his a**h*** personality when he gets to drinking.  I keep trying to pick up on something otherwise to prove myself wrong.  Still waiting. 

Here's the latest. 

No wonder M's boyfriend wants to get married to M.  He needs her.  His credit score is in the toilet.  He has not filed taxes in years and the IRS is after him.  He can't have a bank account or a credit card because of it.  Everything is in cash with him -- including his latest business practices so it can't be traced.  He was left a sizable inheritance of which he has completely squandered on the dumbest of dumb things.  He does not have health insurance.  He does not have auto insurance.  He is driving on a suspended license.  His favorite pass time is being passed out on somebody's front lawn trying to walk home from his latest drunk fest (which is nightly).  He's a complete train wreck. 

M finally told me tonight she wants to break up with him. 

It takes a LOT for M to come to this.  She is such a giving lady and really wants to be in a relationship with a guy.  However, this guy she is currently with is downright toxic and she has finally figured it out.  I have kept my mouth shut for well over a year as sometimes things just need to play out.  If I would have said something I just would have jeopardized our friendship, and I'm not the all-knowing sage.  I could have been wrong and I would have felt awful if I opened up my mouth in disagreement of her taste in men. 

Which brings me back to the guy M was dating when she met TrainWreck.  That guy was stable, consistent, loyal and to this day still loves M.  I know.  I bump into him from time to time running about my errands and he ALWAYS asks about M with that smile of unconditional caring for a woman who dumped him for a raging alcoholic ladled with anger and financial issues. 


No comments: