Sunday, September 4, 2016

CVS = Completely Valuless Shit

Ya'all know what CVS is?  You know, the drugstore that is on every corner in the United States (at least out west).  It used to be Bill's Drugs, then Longs, then something else that I can't remember, and now it's CVS. 

I know it may be hard for you to believe, but I am VERY polite to people working with the public.  I never talk down to wait staff, cashiers, etc.  It takes a LOT to rattle my cage as my patience level is high in the public realm.  That's why I have this bitchy blog -- to let off steam -- it does not go public.

Yesterday was the exception.

A relative of mine had knee replacement surgery.  Being now I am an empty nester with empty bedrooms and no stairs, my house is the natural place to recover, rehabilitate, and heal.  OK.  Nurse Quiet Rage.  I can do that. 

Part of taking care of somebody post surgery is picking up their prescriptions.  OK.  I can also do that.  Just let me know when they are ready to be picked up and where.  Easy, right??? 

Nope.

I stopped by the local CVS to pick up the prescription for my sister-in-law after she told me it was ready to be picked up at the location nearest me (as there are thousands of CVS drugstores).  I notice there are two windows:  One for pick-up and one for drop-off.  I'm picking up a prescription, so I go to the pick-up window and wait my turn.  When I got to the counter I told the young man that I was there to pick up a prescription on behalf my my sister-in-law.  He taps the information in the computer.  He then says to me, "Sorry, but the prescription is being held up due to an authorization from the insurance company."

Ok.  Fine.  I step out of the line and call my sister-in-law.  I said the prescription was not ready due to insurance authorization.  She was confused and surprised by that as well as she had received confirmation that it was ready, but I went home as I had groceries to put away.  No sooner did I get home my sister-in-law told me that the prescription was ready and waiting after all, and that I was to go to the DROP OFF window to PICK it UP. 

What????  I was just there.  You mean to tell me that I was to go to the 'drop off' window to 'pick up' a prescription, and that the moron at the pick up window had no clue that it was ready and waiting five feet away from him?  Ridiculous.  I was angry.  I went back and went to the DROP OFF window with steam coming out my ears.  I pointed to the large DROP OFF sign above my head and said that I was just here 15 minutes ago to PICK UP a prescription, and the boob at the 'pick up' window five feet away had no clue that it had been filled and ready - in fact told me that it was pending an insurance hold.  "Oh, you're supposed to go the drop off window to pick up."

Really???  why don't they change their signs instead of wasting my time and energy?  The young woman behind the counter trying to explain their messed up system and she said, "You're not listening to me." 

That's when I lost it and told her and the idiot working the pick up window that I did not need a lecture. 

How do companies stay in business with employees that stupid??????????

No comments: