Monday, September 12, 2016

Morton County North Dakota: Homies Acting Up (again)

Here be my homies acting up (again) as they are protesting the oil pipeline in North Dakota.  The Standing Rock Sioux are a tad west from the Wahpeton Sioux but the message is the same.  I guess the moral of the story is that archeological artifacts have been found and it's 'sacred ground.'   Duh.  This is news????  I have a collection of arrow heads and native pottery I found while walking around the grounds in the spring time from back in the 1970's.  I did not know any different and picked it up and saved it.  My uncle has a shed full of stuff that he has found over the years.  Still, even as a kid I had a sense that what I was finding was special and there was a story behind every arrowhead that I found.
OK.. so they are protesting the pipeline.  They have that right.  However, how many of them drove cars to get to the protest site and collaborated their group efforts on the iPhone or internet?  Somehow, I don't think they used smoke signals.  Do they live in teepees without running water, electricity, or centralized heating in a sub-zero Dakota Prairie January?  Just a question.  This is no slam to the natives.  It's just a general hypocrisy I notice with all "green" protesters regardless of ethnicity.  The Urban Greenies are still, by FAR, the worst. 


No comments: