Saturday, October 31, 2015

Halloween: Princess Leah


I have not dressed up for Halloween in YEARS.  I vaguely remember Halloween before i had  gaggles of kids (but only 2 of them actually mine) to trek around the neighborhood in baby strollers and wagons.  Once past that stage it was the drama of elementary/junior high school with the classroom parties, pumpkin carving contests, parades, and the biggest drama of the holiday..........Who was trick or treating with whom.  Instead of just grabbing a pillowcase and a friend of two, like back when we were kids, trick or treating became this unnecessarily overly complicated ordeal.   It became a popularity contest and a showcase for helicopter parenting by the Bored Moms on Prozac.

Fast forward to now.  Yup, Quiet Rage really does have friends and I've been invited to a few parties tonight.  I decided to go as Princess Leah.  The hair is easy as all I have to do is a couple of side buns, and finding a long, white robe is pretty simple.  Now, let's see if I get picked up or shot by the cops for carrying a toy gun around. 

All I need now is a Wookie.




No comments: