Sunday, April 5, 2015

Uncle Buzz: Marine Drill Seargent and Prison Guard

Yes, I have an uncle with the nickname Buzz.  He is my father's brother.  His real name is something out of the Third Reich SS that immediately conjurers up thoughts of blond boys wearing liederhosen and toting assault weapons......aimed at you......  Uncle Buzz left the farm at age 18 and joined the Marines.  That's what "real men" did back then. God Damn It. 

Well, Uncle Buzz made a career out of the Marines and somehow found himself as drill sergeant.  I imagine he scared the you-know-what out of young boys away from home for the very first time.  Somehow, I think my uncle was a sick bastard and enjoyed the power trip.  Yes.  My father's family has a history of enjoying the administration of  punishment. 

Now, karma has placed Uncle Buzz's grand-nephew as a young boy off the farm who is now a new Marine recruit at the complete mercy of the drill Sargent. Will the drill Sargent show my nephew any mercy?????   God only knows....

Uncle Buzz's other career after retiring from the Marines was to do a stint as a prison guard.  What other item on a resume for applying  as a prison guard would qualify a person more than MARINE CORP DRILL SARGENT?  Want to argue with Uncle Buzz?  Good luck.  He is stupid smart and deadly. 

I  remember the Uncle Buzz I knew as a little girl.  I remember being at my grandparents' farm and Green Acres came on the television.  Everybody ran in from the barn and the fields and huddled around the tv to watch the latest episode.  I remember rubbing the top of Uncle Buzz's head as he had the classic military buzz cut (excuse the expression) and I remember feeling that there was a weird energy that emanated from his head. 


No comments: