Monday, February 4, 2013

Tax Season

It's tax season....again.  Seems like yesterday I was trying to think of so many ways to justify keeping my own money as the government do-nothing tit suckers want to claim it all.  Whatever.  That's not the rant I'm going to go off on today.

This year I've resigned from being everybody's free tax preparer.  See, I have a natural talent for bookkeeping, organizing financial data, and having the patience to deal with the ungodly tax code that makes sense to none. 

Pseudo-friends want to take advantage of my generous nature by making the call to tell me how much they love me.....and will I please help them with their taxes.  I have not heard from these people since last tax season.  Never a call, note in the mail, note, anything asking how I'm doing... nothing..since last year.  Now I get the annual call saying that I'm the most awesome person on earth and will I please help them do their taxes.  They want something for nothing. 

Sorry, pseudo-friends, not this year.  I grew tired of you spending your time pursuing your FUN interests while I took care of learning how to deal with the unglamours, nitty-gritty, time-consuming, boring part of being a responsible adult.  You think I *like* doing this shit?  I hate it.  I'd love to pursue fun interests myself, but managing my adult responsibililites has left me little time.  So, while you play, travel, etc.,  and now you turn around and want me to donate what little free time I have to organize your crap and bail you out FOR FREE?

I don't think so. 

No comments: