Saturday, August 30, 2008

The Dog Bite


My sister-in-law's family has a couple of those yappy little mutts. Recently, when my 14-year old niece took them for a walk, she stopped at a park to swing on the swing set. She tied the yappers to the post. A grown man approached the dogs, and before my niece could say, "Please don't pet the dogs they are nervous and obnoxious," he bent down and lo and behold, one of them bit him.

Of course, the grown man went into a tizzy. He got my sister-in-law's phone number and proceeded to file charges. This man also called the vet (the same vet we use) and demanded that the doctor leave surgery to take his call in regards to the dog's vaccination records. The doctor didn't oblige him immediately, which pissed him off even more. The doctor did return the phone call from childman, stating that the dogs, indeed, were well-cared for and up to date on their shots.

The dogs were then taken down to the local authorities and had their "mug shot" taken. Can you believe it? Dogs with MUG shots! I didn't know if I should laugh or cry.

Do I like the yappy little mutts? No. However, I'm not so fucking stupid to approach dogs I am not familiar with in public places without asking the owner first. Childman gets my "asshole of the day" award. Just where is my camera when I need it?

1 comment:

Dianne said...

"childman" I love it, you're being so kind to this moron.

Never approach dogs you don't know and never approach hand to face that way!

what a jerk. If I'd been there I would have bitten him.