Saturday, August 2, 2008

BBQ Gone Bad

Tonight we attended a rather large BBQ party. It was a lot of fun until the end when one of of the women guests got into it with another female guest. The topic was GATE (gifted smart kids education). I did not hear any of the preluding conversation that led to the confrontation, but all of a sudden I heard, "You are RUDE. You made a RUDE comment."

It quickly digressed from there. Fingers were a' pokin' and accusations were a' flyin'. It was just like a scene from Jerry Springer vs. Judge Judy.

Yikes. Talk about Soccer Moms Gone Bad. Seems to be a theme going on here this past week or so. One of the women came over to me like I was supposed to jump in with some Quiet Rage comment to shut things up. I had nothing of intelligence to offer. Instead I just listened and nodded my head -- wine glass in hand. I was not about to jump into a heated argument between two drunk women at a large party when I knew nothing about what led up to the confrontation. Fortunately, pretending to listen was enough to stave off a fight....

Good thing we had several off duty law enforcement men present at the party in case things got totally ugly. Never underestimate the rage of angry soccer moms. They will rip off your head and shit down your throat. Complete psycho bitches.

3 comments:

CG said...

I am so shallow...I wish I'd been there!!

Shelly said...

Those women are why I'm sared to have parties these days. Dangit!

The Quiet Rage said...

CG, love your spirit!

Shelly, soccer moms are very, very scary.