Monday, July 21, 2008

Going to the Movies

With the tightening economy, many Americans are opting out of the typical 'dinner and a movie' gig. Personally, I gave up going to the movies years ago. Here's why:
1. Paying $12.50 per person for a crappy movie that will be out on DVD in a few weeks;
2. Paying $20 for watered down soda, and chemically smothered popcorn;
3. Getting my seat kicked by an obnoxious brat while his mother (or father) yaks on the cell phone;
4. People who have seen the movie before and announce what's going to happen next;
5. People who get up and down constantly to get snacks, go to the bathroom, etc.;
6. Being near a gaggle of teens who spend the entire time texting each other and giggling.
The list goes on and on. I could never figure out *why* people paid to be annoyed by other patrons. I have yet to feel deprived of not being the first to see any particular movie and by waiting for the DVD. My popcorn is better, and I can pause the movie whenever I wish to use the bathroom and not miss anything.

1 comment:

CG said...

I went to the movies by myself last night and I loved it! I don't buy the overpriced stuff they sell however!!