Sunday, September 17, 2023

Open Invitation: NOT

 I live in a fishbowl.  I have relatives across the street, down the block, around the corner, and up my @ss.  

Tonight we had a set of in-laws over who we have not hosted in a long while.   What was nuts to me was that because other family members saw another family member's car parked in front of our house, they thought it was an open invitation for them to come over as well.

It was not.

Just because someone sees another's family member's car parked across the street does NOT mean that it's an open invitation for them to come over and crash their party.

DUUUUUHHHHHHH

I had to shoo relatives out who appeared unannounced and uninvited as we only cooked food for the 10 invited guests and was not planning on the 17 who showed up and were straggling about looking like hungry dogs.  

Awkward.

Sorry, I'm not a restaurant. 

No comments: