Sunday, July 30, 2023

Baby Shower

 Wow.  Time marches forward whether we want it to or not.  Today I attended the baby shower of my daughter's best friend, who was the matron of honor in her wedding.  My daughter's best friend, C, have been friends since before they were born.  Here's the backstory.

I found out I was pregnant with my daughter.  Two weeks later C's mom, who is a very good friend of mine,  found out she was pregnant as well.  We went through our pregnancies together and the girls grew up together, played sports together, were each other's maid of honor in their weddings.  

It seems like yesterday C's mother and I had our pictures taken with our VERY pregnant bellies touching.  Today the girls are both married and now C is having a baby of her own.   

It was with great emotion to attend her baby shower today.  The baby is having a baby of her own.  My daughter and I helped with food (of course) and cleaning up to help out the hostess.  We were more than happy to do it. 

The next generation is here. Geeez, I'm getting old. 

No comments: