Sunday, June 19, 2022

Footsteps and the Camera

 Whew.  It's been a week.  My daughter is now married and on her honeymoon.  My son graduated from UC Santa Cruz and at this very minute is in his ancestral homeland of Minnesota experiencing it from a tourist point of view rather than the obligation vacation with family. 

My sister and niece are here at the house visiting.  I've mentioned several times that everybody in our house at some point has experienced the confused Native Americans wondering about trying to make sense of our modern world.

Well, it happened twice today.  My sister and I were in the kitchen cleaning up breakfast dishes when she heard footsteps and called out thinking it was her daughter.  Nothing.  The look on her face was that of pure bewilderment.  She SWORE she heard footsteps heading toward us in the kitchen.  However, nobody was there.  We were the only ones in the house.  Everybody else was across the street yakking with our neighbors.  I just kind of shrugged and said that's par for the course here.  I don't think the Native American spirits are malevolent, they are just curious and confused.  

Later that same day my husband asked me who was at the front door as our Ring camera alerted that somebody was there with "person detected".  Well, we have had a wedding and the gifts have been arriving and our camera beeps an alert when a delivery person is on our front step along with a live video feed.  Well, nobody was there in the video feed.  He kept on pestering me to check the front door as the alert of person detected kept going off.....well, again....nobody was there....not even our favorite neighborhood cats. 




No comments: