Saturday, February 4, 2017

Crab Feed!!!!

It's crab season.  Well, I guess I'm always crabby year-round, but that's beside the point.  Really. I'm not nearly as bitter and angry as I appear in this dumb blog.  This is my anger vent free therapy.  This stupid blog my proverbial punching bag and/or the pillow we all scream into when we're frustrated.  I dump my bitter tirade du jour then I'm all better. 

CRAB SEASON!!!  going to a crab feed tonight with people I LOVE. 

Now, when my coven of betches get here I want to do make sister-in-law's crab cioppino (sp?) recipe.  It's a recipe that comes from her husband's side of the family who were Italian immigrants to San Francisco about a century ago and rebuilt the city after the 1906 earthquake.  Yup.  It's an original and OLD SCHOOL.  There is no hard and fast recipe and only a guideline.  It's a little of this, a little of that, taste, add a little more of this and that.  The main star of the dish is FRESH CRAB....and I mean go out to the docks while they are alive and kill/clean them when you get home.  Sounds so barbaric, but I do say a little prayer for them like all native Americans do when they are about to eat something they have to kill. 

Now... how about a crusty loaf of sourdough bread, a ceasar salad, maybe a little pasta in marinara or pesto to round out the meal. 

Don't forget your bib.  Not just for bambinos. 

No comments: