Friday, February 10, 2017

Backstabbed - AGAIN

I am often criticized for being "tough" and hard to get close to.  Yes, I am pretty aloof and it takes a LONG time for me to open up to people and trust  (if I ever do).  There's a reason for that.  Every time I trust somebody, especially men, I end up getting lied to and backstabbed. 

Here's the latest in my life lessons where I trusted somebody and I got %^&$# over.

I have worked with a colleague for 15 years.  His jurisdiction and my jurisdiction border each other.  Over the years we have developed what I thought a great rapport and trust.  I know his family and he knows mine.  We have been through a lot of difficult issues at work and have worked together on committees and trusts.  Yes, I dare say that I considered him a friend.  I will refer to him in this story as Gag. 

About 2-3 years ago an issue arose in my area.  The five-words-or-less gist of the situation was that I would not lie on an affidavit for a "customer" (for lack of a better term in my industry).  The customer became irate with me and went across the bay whining to Gag on how evil I was and wanted Gag to take him in as his customer.  I gave Gag a heads up on what the backstory was on this customer and if chose to continue to do business with him to be forewarned.  The customer is a hot-head snake. 

I'll never, EVER forget the moment when I explained to Gag on what was really going on with this customer.  Gag said to me, "Don't worry.  I've got your back on this one."

What Gag really meant was that he's got my back...but there will be a knife in it. 

I won't bore you with the details of my industry, but now the hot head customer is found to owe a substantial amount of money to the tune of about $200,000 to me.  Gag is going to bat for this piece of shit "customer" and signed an affidavit that Customer does NOT owe money to anybody in my industry so Customer could qualify for financing that would otherwise be unavailable to customer. 

When I called Gag on it he stammered and tried to blame a third party.  Nice try.  He had NO idea how I could smell bullshit miles away and tied him up in his own lies.  The more Gag tried to weasel his way out the deeper he dug himself.  What is really disappointing is that Gag is an officer for a division that supports compliance and ethics in my industry....and to think that he willingly and knowingly LIED on an affidavit. 

I can't make this stuff up, people.  NEXT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!






No comments: