Friday, October 14, 2016

The Accountant

Ohhhhhh aaaaaaaaaahhh..  have you seen the movie trailers about the uber exciting action film titled "The Accountant"? 

WTF???? 

I  hate to break it to you all, but the image you have in your head of geeky, glasses-wearing, pencil neck, wimpy, boring dorks is a stereotype that is finally being addressed.  

I don't know anything about the movie, but I can guess the plot.  The accountant knows the money trail and how it's being embezzled and/or laundered.  The jig is up and now they're after him because he knows too much about the internal operations and could blow the whistle. 

Welcome to my world. 

The most dangerous occupation rating right up there with military duty in a war zone is being a forensic accountant.  You would not believe the money games I have seen being played.  I lost my administrative duties to one entity because I knew too much.  I witnessed first hand public servants ripping off the system but yet they deem themselves holier-than-thou on camera.  I've witnessed dead beat dads getting their wages and taxes garnished from their paychecks who pose as Father of the Year (to their newest wife's kids, that is).  That's why I'm so cynical.  You *really* don't know somebody until you know how they deal with their finances.  Somehow, asking for a FICO score while dating is not acceptable.  It's like asking for a clean STD report.  It's important as all hell, but nobody wants to go there.  Most people marry somebody who is financially clueless to their partner's real self which is ALWAYS discovered in how they handle money.  By then it's too late. 


No comments: