Wednesday, July 20, 2016

The Big, Bumbling, Loud Idiot

I've been trapped (oh, excuse me) or should I say travelling with work people.  Some of them are fun to be around.  Others I'm resisting the temptation to push off a cliff and into the Seine River.  Just *where* is that murdering terrorist when needed?  Sigh.

One in particular is about as obnoxious as they come.  Our group was instructed not to wear anything with writing to indicate we were American.  What does he do?  He dons a San Francisco Giants baseball cap.  His thunderous John Wayne-like voice can be heard from miles around bellowing completely inappropriate comments to everybody.  So much for blending in with the crowd.  Thanks a lot, asshole.

This man thinks that the entire world is there to serve him.  He is as demanding as he is obnoxious.  Yesterday while we were out he was across the road a bit.  He actually whistled and yelled attempting to call me over.  I have had it at this point.  I turned around, hands on my hips, and flatly told him that I am not his dog and to not treat me as one.  Quiet Rage kept walking.

Another one in the group likes to ask nosy questions.  Inquiring about one's age is always a no-no.  She thinks nothing of it.  She also likes to lob unsolicited comments about my clothing, hair and what I'm eating for breakfast.  It does not stop there.  She asked how somebody like me got the job that I have.  The undertone was that of who's dick did I suck, or to whom am I related in the industry. 

Dinners are painful.  We are mixed in with complete strangers and also those of the work group.  I don't say much as I find small talk extremely exhausting.  Finds out that I don't need to say much as the table conversation is usually a brag fest of who has vacation homes where and how much money and toys they have.  Gag.

On the positive side:  I'm avoiding those who want to make me barf in favor of those who are fun.  We have a dirty old man in my group.  He made an inappropriate remark to a young lady and her father did NOT appreciate it.  I don't blame him.  When the incident was being recounted by Dirty Old Man another guy in my group told him, "Hey, I don't blame the dad for being pissed at you.  If you pulled that shit on my daughter, I would cut your f****** dick off and stuffed it down your throat before I drowned you in the f****** river."

Quiet Rage hangs out with people who say it like it is.  Truth.


No comments: