Monday, July 20, 2015

Napoleon

I believe it was Napoleon who never read his mail; however, I could be wrong.  Quiet Rage is getting to that same point -- especially with business email.  I HATE EMAIL.  I've stopped responding as it's just too damn much to keep up on. 

There.  I said it.  I vented. 

Email is the bane of the business world.  It's been used, abused, and now clogged with crap that means nothing in the big scheme of things.

Then it's the inevitable, "Oh, didn't you see that in my email I sent out?"

 No.  I did not.  Each day I need to sort through almost 1,000 messages speed reading the headings to make certain I did not miss something truly important as that's the problem with email.  It's a means to transmit meaningless trite such as "Great job, Fred" in a "reply to all" that has circled the globe 5 times to an urgent colleague's desperate cry for legitimate help and only has time for a quick email via "reply to all" to communicate. 

No spam filter on earth has yet to filter out that sort of stuff.  Wait.  There's my next tech endeavor.  Get Google. 

My email inbox is overflowing.  Always.  In between the thousands of solicitations for seminars, products, classes, people in Egypt wanting to give me money, jokes, credit card alerts, fundraisers, political action pleas, banking alerts, blah blah blah blah somehow I missed your message.






No comments: