Friday, December 5, 2014

Medical Offices and Large Staff

....and I don't mean large staff as in lots of people doing little to nil.  I mean *LARGE STAFF* as in the proliferation of obese people working in the medical field.

I have a medical condition that has required lots of appointments, tests, surgeries, blah, blah, blah, over the years.  Hanging out at hospitals and doctor offices is somewhat the norm.  What I notice is that many of the medical assistants, technicians, and such are OBESE.  I'm not talking about carrying around a few extra pounds.  I'm talking fat.

Yesterday I needed blood work done.  While I'm waiting my turn at the vampire chair I overheard the two majorly overweight lab techs talking about what they were going to order at Super Burger for lunch.  And these people are supposedly trained and educated in health?  

I just find it so ironic that the stewards of our well-being display the #1 health issue in the United States. 

No comments: