Thursday, December 11, 2014

Day From Hell Part II

Now that the shock of my brother-in-law's death is settling in, it's time to think about the logistics of getting back there for the service.  My sister is in shock and I'm amazed she's functioining as well as she is.  But then again....she's emotionally much stronger and stoic than I will ever be.

I have to admit that this morning it took me a while to get myself together.  I spent much of the night tossing, turning, and once in a while heavy tears.  It got me thinking about everybody who has touched my life and WHAT IF I never got the chance to communicate with them ever again?  :(

The funeral service ought to be an interesting mingling of religious faiths as my sister is Catholic, and her deceased husband a devout Jahovah Witness.  I do know that a service has been scheduled at Kindom Hall, which I believe is the Jehovah place of worship.  I'll go, be quiet and respectful, and try not to offend anybody as I'm not familiar with Jehovah funeral customs.

This has been an emotionally charged year for my sister.  Her daughter got impregnated and gave birth by a registered sex offender.  Her husband died.  Let's see..... what else can we pile on her?  Oh yeah, the fatal accident that claimed her husband's life happened right at the end of their road.  Everytime she goes ANYWHERE she will pass by the scene of the accident.

Here's my buzzword as of late:  compassion, compassion, compassion.  Kindness and compassion.  Forgiveness, kindness, and compassion.  Love, forgiveness, kindness, and compassion.

Wow... I'm started to sound like the Dali Lama  or something.  Even Quiet Rage is really a softie underneath this harsh, bitchy blog.  I dump my frustrations here to make room for more important, healthier emotions like..... compassion.  I'll shut up now.

Oh, and my mammogram was cancelled due to flooding.  I'll have to wait to reschedule.  I'm thinking positive that it's a benign abnormality.  The doctor does not seem freaked out at all.  Here's to my friend, MRH, as she has gone through the breast cancer thing.  When I schedule my mammogram I always think of her as she stresses how important it is to catch this kind of thing early when it's treatable.   She probably just saved my life.


No comments: