Monday, December 1, 2014

Motherhood: Now or Later?

I'm still in the adjustment phase not having kids at my house 24/7.  In reading my past posts from about 5 years ago, I was on the edge of insanity pining for a moment of quiet and solitude in my own home.  I ran an orphanage and animal shelter for 25 years.  I totally wrapped my existence around taking care of others not even giving thought about who I was or what I was doing.  I suppose it's a side-effect of being a mother at barely 21 years of age.  I did not know anything else, nor did I even experience adult life without the responsibility of kids.  What's better?  Having kids while you're young or waiting until later? 

Flip a coin.  Is it better to be a mother at a young age while you have the energy but not necessarily the monetary resources to raise your kids?  Is it better not even to know what adult life sans kids is like living foot-loose-and-fancy-free-only-need-to-think-about-me  to have to suddenly change gears?  It's quite an adjustment going from expensive fashion clothing to wearing puke and poop.

Each 'age of motherhood' choice has it's advantages and disadvantages.  One thing I know for certain:  Babies/young kids don't care what you're wearing, if you're hairstyle came from SuperCuts, or whether or not you're wearing make up.  The things babies and young kids need can't be bought.

Believe me.  They will turn into teenagers and turn into fashion fascists.  That's when you need the $$$$$$


No comments: