Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Ojai, California

I did the drive today from Sonoma County to Ojai, California.  Most people would start out after the Bay Area morning commute clears (or before).  Not me.  After some deep thought I decided to go about my morning complete with my hippie friends followed by a dance class.  That's how I like to start my day.

I did not leave Sonoma County until 2:30 in the afternoon.  Oh well, I may bump into some afternoon traffic going through Oakland and again through San Jose.  Who cares.  There was a method to my madness.  

The reason I'm in Ojai is for work.  There was nothing good that could come from an early afternoon arrival as opposed to a 9:00 PM arrival.  Why?  This place is crawling with people from my industry. Some are OK, don't get me wrong, but I ALWAYS manage to bump into the most repugnant ones upon check in inquiring about my dinner plans.  No, it's not that they think I'm so charming and fun to be around.  It's because I have the company credit card and they want to check out the most expensive place they have read about in 'Trendy Bitch Magazine.'

By 9:00 o'clock they have given up hope that I will arrive in time for dinner.  The desperate text messages went unanswered because I was driving.   Poor souls.  They will have to figure out their own dining plans and then anguish if they dare to try to get reimbursed for excessive expenses and risk repercussions from their peers.  It's much cleaner when I'm with them.  I put it on my credit card; therefore, no reimbursement request is necessary.  That's why I'm loved so much.  

So, arriving late and slipping into my room unnoticed is heaven!  

No comments: