Friday, June 21, 2013

Summer Solstice

It's summer solstice.  For hippie freaks like myself, today represents the apex of life.  After today the freshness of spring, now mature, begins to wane.  On the human level, it's time to let go of things and situations in your life that have matured and can now only become a stagnant road block to the next phase.

Which brings me to my job.  

I reluctantly expanded my territory about a year and a half ago to San Mateo County when I was presented with an opportunity.  I guess there is a very real shortage of people who will not embezzle nor play games when trusted with millions of dollars. 

Anyway, I'm pretty much a Sonoma County kind of person.  Going to San Mateo brings immediate thoughts to mind of airport hotels along the freeway.  I'm finding out that San Mateo County is more than the space between San Francisco and San Jose.  

Spending summer solstice in Half Moon Bay with a gorgeous, fog-free day was symbolic for me on so many levels.....  and now tonight with the almost full moon.




No comments: