Sunday, April 21, 2013

Oakland Airport TSA

I can't make this stuff up.  Airport security is a joke.  My conclusion is that TSA employs the otherwise unemployable -- a form of welfare, if you may.

A recent business trip had me departing from the Oakland Airport.  The security line I was in had an elderly couple in front of me.  The little old man was in a wheelchair pushed along by his equally frail little old woman.  The "crossing guard" stationed at the metal detector machine was trying to insist that the little old man get out of his wheelchair.   The little old man was trying to muster up every ounce of energy he could to walk through the metal detector, as now he was the center of attention.  He tried, but could not get up.  I felt so sorry for him and the intrusion that TSA put upon him.

Oh....it doesn't stop there.

On the return trip two TSA employess who were supposedly guarding the passenger exit to prevent re-entry from the baggage claim area were oblivious to what was going on around them.  How could they notice anything when both were glued to their iPhones texting away or absorbed in some app?


No comments: