Thursday, January 31, 2013

Facebook: Who needs a Private Investigator?

Soooooooo ready to delete my Facebook account, but just how would I know what everybody is up to?  Not that I really care, but it's amazing what personal information people post about themselves and they *think* they're being private, hip, and coy when they're really not.  My favorite is the map pin.  My other favorite is the RSVP feature to social events.  Oh, and don't forget the wall posts that you thought nobody would ever read.  We do. 

See, people think that what they're posting only pertains to them.  Most are too technically naive to put together that Facebook keeps changing their privacy settings.  You may have YOURS set, but do your friends?  It's soooooooo easy to penetrate a "friend" network to see what's really going on.  It's child's play for hackers. 

Shit, I'm not even a Class A hacker.   I'm not even a Class B hacker.   More relationships and marriages have been ruined because of Facebook.  Rightfully so.  Idiots. 

No comments: