Monday, January 7, 2013

Kept Woman

I'm amazed at how easy some women have it.  I have never been supported financially.  I've always been a breadwinner.  I guess it's not in my being to sit home, watch Dr. Phil and demand some guy buy me material things to impress the other bored moms on prozac.  Not working outside the home full-time was not an option. 

What's it like to have somebody pay the bills, balance the checkbook, plan for retirement, etc., etc., etc., while going around on autopilot obsessing about the gluten content in the 3rd grade Valentine's Day cupcake exchange?  What's it like to have the time to worry about which shade of 'shaker beige' will best suit the dining room?  What's it like to have time to post pictures of food on Facebook? 

I want to be a kept woman for a while....  what a change of pace that would be. 


No comments: