Sunday, January 23, 2011

Reserved Parking

Those who know me *know* full well how psycho I am about my reserved parking spot. See, I have a coveted parking spot for which I pay a fee. The parking spot is not cheap. I fork over good money to have it. There are signs posted EVERYWHERE stating that the parking spots are for permit holders only. Also, there are obvious other clues such as obnoxiously large signs at eye level upon pulling into any one of the spots stating that it's RESERVED PARKING.

Still, some people just don't get it. They pull into my parking spot thinking that they can get away with parking there. Most people try to argue with me when I call them on it. I guess a super large RESERVED PARKING sign posted at eye level is not enough to deter these morons.

A few years ago I just got sick of people parking in my spot. One day I just decided to block them in. I parked my car, blocking the offender in, and went upstairs to my office to work. I did not give a lot of thought to the asshole who parked in my spot. When I came downstairs for lunch, an exasperated woman tried to scold me by saying, "Do you know I have been waiting here for a long time so I could be on my way?"

To which I cooly responded, "Do you know you are parked in my spot?"

The stupid bitch KNEW she was parking in a reserved spot. Too bad. No sympathy.

More recently around Christmas time I came back from lunch to see a SUV parked in my spot with a well-dressed women with about 4 kids getting out of the vehicle. I pulled up and said, "Excuse me, but you are parked in my spot."

The woman replied, "Oh, I did not see the sign."

To which I replied, "Really? It's kind of BIG."

She then snorted, "Oh, don't YOU ever make mistakes?"

I wanted to reply that I made mistakes everyday, but I do not lie about such. I also wanted to report her to the police for if she did not see the large, eye-level RESERVED PARKING sign and she was driving around several small children she was in NO WAY capable of safe driving.

The woman got back in her SUV and chirpily told her kids that "Mommy did not see the sign" and they had to find somewhere else to park.

I wanted to sing-song to her kids that "Mommy is a big, fat, liar, and thought she could just park in my spot and not get caught."

....and to think that cow reproduced.......gods help us....

No comments: