Friday, January 7, 2011

From SR to S

In military speak SR translates to "sailor recruit." Today I got the phone call from my son, exhausted both physically and mentally, telling his father and I that he got his ball Navy cap.

He made it. He passed all of the tests. He is now officially United States Sailor.

Am I proud? Hell yes. What makes me even more proud is when he proudly lets people know he's from the California Bay Area, and then he watches his comrades give him the death stare when disclosing as such.

Yup.... we are a bunch of homo-tree-hugging-pot-smoking-Prius-driving-organic-food-sushi-snob-wine freaks. Pardon us as we lead the way to environmental awareness, social tolerance, legalized pot, and other such freakish acts of random love and kindness.

Sorry if peace and love offends you and pisses you off. Go back to Texas and shoot an innocent something. Yup. You're manly now for killing a defenseless animal/person for the hell of it.

I'm sure your church preacher from Wisconsin will come to your soul's defense when he's done molesting the neighbor's son and screwing your wife.

But hey.... who's judging???????

1 comment:

Flywriter said...

Have I told you lately that I love you? :-) SOOOOOOO proud of Ben and equally so glad to hear this! And "hell ya" to every word you wrote.....Sincerely, Prius-driving, wine loving, peace & love appreciating native Californian