Thursday, June 24, 2010

Meetings

I spend a LOT of time in meetings. Most of them are a useless waste of time. There is something disturbing about seeing grown people play with their feces like monkeys.

I don't know what I did in meetings before I had my iPhone. At least now I can check my e-mail, text, read my horoscope, Dear Abby, and access 1,000 other useless apps to pass the time while some wind bag at the podium relishes in the sound of his own voice.

I am at the cusp of the techie generation and the geezer generation. My behavior patterns more of the techie generation. The geezer generation thinks it rude to use electronics in another person's presence. I can see both sides of the issue.

Here is a news flash to the geezer generation: We simply don't have time to listen to your long, drawn out bullshit. Get to the point in five words or less. We need to juggle more responsibilities with less resources. Our time is precious. Many of us don't have the luxury of a "staff" to organize our life for us. Funding your obnoxious baby boomer generation retirement benefits did away with that through extreme budget cuts. We are our own secretaries, bookkeepers, schedulers, etc.

Don't waste our time scheduling meetings with the intent of parading yourself around with public, self-congratulatory pats on the back your ego so desperately needs. We don't have time. Meeting adjourned. Can I leave now?

News flash to the techies: Don't be obvious in using your iPhone in meetings. At least sit in the back where nobody can see you play scrabble. Worse yet, don't EVER, EVER ignore present social company to answer a tech message unless your kid has called 911. Now THAT's rude.....

No comments: