Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Dear Abby SUCKS!!!!!!

I wish our paper would drop "Dear Abby." How in the hell that bitch can dish out useless advice and still be published is beyond me. Most English teachers would have cut the column out of the high school paper years ago, but noooooooooooooo... nepotism runs deep. Must be nice to be "connected" in the publishing world and ride on mommy's coat tails. Whatever.

Take today's Dear Abby column for an example. Aside from her usual (yawn) cop-out advice to "seek professional counseling" to her retarded followers, she shamelessly plugs her 'for fee' publications and tries to disguise it as a legitimate letter from a reader.

The following drivel was actually published in today's Santa Rosa Press Democrat. Yes, editors hang your head in SHAME.

Dear Abby:
How do I write an actual letter? I mean with all the texting and e-mail and such just how do I write a letter of thanks with the holiday season approaching?
Signed,
Planted Letter

Dear Planted Letter:
Oh, I'm so glad you asked!!!!! Letter writing is an art, and for only $6.00 you can purchase my Dear Abby Canned Letter Template! Here's how to order....

This shit passes for journalism fit to print????? Give me a BREAK!

"Oh Honey, I don't think we'll need to purchase toilet paper for a while, it arrives daily on our doorstep."

No comments: