Saturday, November 14, 2009

Canned Laughter

...here's a stupid rant for today...Canned laughter on sitcoms. I don't know why, but I find canned laughter utterly annoying. Why is it necessary to dub in mechanical laugh tracks? It's like mandating to the audience to unnaturally (laugh here). I don't need instructions as to when, where, and how I should laugh. If something is fucking funny, I will laugh. Thank you very much.

ha ha ha.....see???? I *do* have a sense of humor. I'm not always half-bent over my keyboard clenching my jaw and spewing angry obscenities at the world....

Anyway... back to annoying laugh tracks. Are the writers insinuating that their material is so lame that they need constant prodding for the audience to accept it? Are the writers insinuating their actors can't act? Could it be a condition of both bad writing AND bad acting??? Wow... Disney channel comes to mind.

If you need to dub in a laugh track, your material SUCKS! Canned laughter is the polite equivalent of throwing rotten tomatoes.

Get off the stage.

No comments: