Friday, November 24, 2023

Dead Or Alive - You Spin Me Round

 OK.  I'm a child of the 70's and 80's.  Well, I'm no longer a child as I'm encroaching upon retirement and many of my friends are grandparents (I have a grand-dog).  I also belong to AARP.  Bonus:  I qualify for the "life experience" discount at many local grocery stores on Tuesdays.  

I have my sassy set of friends who love life and who give women half our age a run for their money.  Sure, we may not be quite as taught as we used to be back in our 20's, but we are spicy and like to have fun.  If we wanted to we could buy looks with plastic surgeries and facelifts.  Some of us have.  Whatever.  Many of us are incorporating our graying hair into fun and funky styles.  I thought of a name for my California group of gal pals I hang out with as we embrace our graying hair color with sass and attitude.  We shall refer to ourselves as Tarnished Silver.

I'm off track, as usual.  Shocker.

Waaaaaaaaay back in 1985 I used to go to the bars with SSP.  We loved going to: Iron Horse, Norma Jeans, First Avenue, bars near U of M, Wallaby's, Ground Round, etc.... all the usual spots in Minneapolis at the time.   

At the time, there was band called Dead or Alive who had some top hits we LOVED!  I believe they were from Liverpool or Manchester.  JM - help me out!  The group had the infectious hit titled, "You Spin Me Right Round, Baby, Right Round."

To this day if I hear this song I am up on the floor dancing.  I simply can't help myself.  I know you know the song.  If you can't remember, here it is.  Don't think that the below video is the end of this blog post.  There's more.  I know you are chomping at the bit and hanging on the edge of your seats for more.  LOL. 


No comments: