Saturday, November 4, 2023

Beanie's Death

 I've blogged about Beanie over the past 10-15 years every so often.  He was a true Heights homie who hung out at Tasty Pizza.  He graduated with my older brother's class of 1982.  Beanie was ALWAYS at the bar having a good time with everybody.  Beanie was also an avid bike rider.  I remember as a teen he would think nothing of riding 65 miles to Looper's cabin just to hang out with us.  

I got word yesterday that Beanie died in a house fire.  

It will never be the same going to Tasty Pizza and not seeing Beanie there.  He was kind of like Norm of Cheers.  He always had his spot.  Everybody knew him.  

Rest in peace, Beanie.  I have this sinking feeling that the photos you showed me 13 years ago on your cell phone of random items you lit on fire in your driveway had something to do with your demise by fire yesterday.  


No comments: