Wednesday, October 4, 2023

Sea of Green

 Again, I keep reiterating how friendly people are in Philadelphia.  It's their lack of pretense that makes them genuine and likeable.  They have a reputation for being rough around the edges, but they will leave you alone unless you provoke them.  Gee, I guess that's why I get along so well with them.  I will leave you alone unless you &^%$ me off and will I give several warning shots along the way before I rip off your head and $h*t down your throat.  If I go off on you, you deserve it. 

We are not entirely rough and tumble white trash.  We can dress up and be classy socialites with refined social graces if we want to.  We all donned our finest cocktail attire to attend the Union League of Philadelphia reception on the eve of our arrival to the City of Brotherly Love.  yezzzzzzzzzz, so fancy.  Yezzzzzzzzzz so much history.  Yezzzzzzz, I know which fork to use.

Yes, it's fun to put on a fancy dress and get my hair done and sip champagne with men in tuxedos dancing to waltzes performed by a chamber orchestra. It was also just as much fun to go to South Philly on Sunday to Chickie's and Pete's on Packer Ave near the stadium to see the hard core Philadelphia Eagles fans in pure form.  


 



 

 




No comments: