Sunday, January 1, 2023

2023 What will it be?

What will 2023 bring us? 

How about a little more patience and kindness.  How about giving people the benefit of the doubt?  How about abolishing the common practice of looking to be offended by someone when their belief system may not match yours?  

For me, I'm going into 2023 with an open heart.  Yes, I have been hurt, burned, betrayed, etc., etc., etc.  Who hasn't?  I'm not special.  I'm realizing that anger and resentment is like a hot rock.  It only burns those who hold onto it.  I'm also practicing the art of forgiveness.  I'm also realizing that people's actions are not about me.  It's about them.  There is an inexplicable lightness when one lets go of harboring dark thoughts.  It's peaceful. 

We expect perfection from an imperfect world.  Letting go of what the world is vs what I think the world should be.  

No, I'm not sitting here thinking that I have found all the answers to the universe.  I have not.  I'm a spiritual being having a human experience.  I'm limited, but willing to learn. 

No comments: