Friday, December 30, 2022

Covid in China

The genie is out of the bottle, folks, and there ain't no puttin' it back in.  

I'm referring to COVID and our lame attempts to try to stop the spread of the virus through restrictions including providing proof of vaccination or a negative test for traveling or attending large gatherings.

 Here's the kicker:  None of this will work.

The virus is most contagious before the carrier even knows the virus is in their system.  Case point:  I was feeling the sniffles and took a test.  It came back negative.  A couple days later I was positive.  My scenario is not rare.  So many people feel a little crumby, take a test, and the result is negative.  A day or so later they test again and they are positive.  During that time they are grocery shopping, at the gym, going to parties, thinking they have a little cold.  Oh, and dare I say flying on planes. 

I have been vaccinated five times.  I still got caught the virus.  Granted, it did not land me in the hospital probably because I did have the vaccinations, but I caught the virus just the same.  

Imagine this scenario playing out across international travel.  Providing a negative test means nothing.  The virus could be incubating.  

The only way to stop the virus from mutating and spreading would involve the entire world to shut down.  That ain't gonna happen.  People always put their own needs first.  

The only thing we can do at this point is to mask up.  Spoiler alert:  The virus is mutating faster than the vaccines can keep pace.  Expect to catch the virus multiple times - like the cold and the flu - it is here to stay.

When the virus first came out three years ago, I mentioned that the world was going to have to deal with it forever as viruses mutate.  I was accused of being a downer.  

Sorry if I don't blow sunshine up your corn-holio.  People can't handle the truth. 

 


No comments: