Saturday, July 16, 2022

Disneyland

 My sister-in-law, daughter, niece, and I just spent 5 days in Southern California.  We stayed at a hotel that I used to stay at when the kids were little 30 years ago when we would take them to Disneyland.  The occasion was my niece's graduation from high school.  She did not want a party.  She wanted the four of us to road trip it to Disneyland.  

The last time I was at Disneyland was 15 years ago???? I can't remember exactly.  There are always things you can pretty much count on making the trek to SoCal:

1.  Horrendous wrecks on I-5 (because people drive like idiots);

2.  LA traffic;

3.  Being shocked at how expensive Disneyland is;

4.  Being shocked at how crowded Disneyland is despite the exorbitant cost;

5.  Walking 10-12 miles per day.

I could not understand the number of people on scooters in the park.  How do they ride the rides?  Most of them were so obese that their asses dripped off the sides of the scooter like icing down the side of a cake.  My sister-in-law and I had a joke about how many scooters with liquid, dripping asses hanging off the sides we spotted during the day.   

These were not handicapped people.  They tended to travel in packs with other liquid, dripping asses and they would take turns riding the scooter.  Oh, I just found the below image on somebody's Twitter account.  Yup.  I nailed it.  Fat people riding on scooters don't have to wait in line and run Disneyland. 

Once you see this, you can't un-see it.




No comments: