Thursday, July 21, 2022

Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids

 I'm a child of the 70's - teenager of the 80's.  Back in the day, Saturday morning cartoons were everything.  I recall setting my alarm clock for 7:00 AM to get downstairs before any of my siblings commandeered the television.  Funny.  Getting out of bed during the week to go to school did not elicit the joy of Saturday morning cartoons.  

Something jumped out of my subconscious memory.  There used to be a cartoon called Fat Albert.  The voice was Bill Cosby.  I don't know which causes more controversy:  The fact that there used to be a cartoon called Fat Albert that featured an obese black guy (the woke police would go nuts today); or, the fact that the cartoon was Bill Cosby's creation (a much beloved famous, black comedian who was accused of multiple accounts of sexual misconduct). 

No comments: