Thursday, March 17, 2022

California Disability Benefits

 ....I could not believe it when I opened up my mail yesterday in my office.  My former assistant, MEA, filed for California disability benefits despite the fact that she has not been employed by my organization since January 31, 2020.  

That's over two years for those who struggle with math - and I'm including myself in that category.

Here's the gory truth.  My assistant ran off with her English boyfriend to Mexico two years ago.  The "affair" had been ongoing for several years.  My assistant, MEA, was married with children at time she got tangled up with English Loverboy.   Loverboy's history is that he's twice divorced with five kids - NOT a good track record.  

The reason English LoverBoy can't come to the United States is that there is something on his record that prevents him from entry.  

Red Flag.

As if being twice divorced with five kids was not enough to deter MEA from falling head over heals with him.  She thinks English LoverBoy is ALL THAT.  Oooooooh, he is SO wealthy!  He is sooooo WORLDLY  !!!!  He is sooooo CUTE!!!  MEA will never have to lift a finger and never work ever again!

Guilty Confession Side Note:  I completely understand the charm of Englishmen.  They have a way of leaving all of us Yankee women breathless.  They were the enemy during the American Revolution and we *still* could not resist them.  

<slapped back to reality>  OK.... MEA decided to ditch her husband and kids and run off to Mexico to be with English LoverBoy.  He was promising her worlds of comfort and financial security and life happily ever after.  MEA told me over and over again that she did not want anything out of her current marriage other than a few family keepsakes that were not worth anything monetarily, but were of sentimental value.  

MEA just wanted out and her freedom.

Be careful what you wish for.  MEA got it.  

Since MEA has been in Mexico for the last two years I have received two unemployment claims.  Yesterday I got an additional claim for disability benefits.  WTF???????  She has not worked for me in over two years!!!!  She never filed a workers' compensation claim during her employment with my company.  Now she wants disability income?  Disability for WHAT??????  She never came to work on time.  She never did her job while she was there.  Yet..... I let her slack.  Bad on me.  It came back to bite me in the @ss big time.

English LoverBoy was supposed to be her romantic and financial ticket to NeverLand.  Somehow, I don't think things are panning out as she thought.  Her gated mansion LoverBoy enticed her with turned out to be a common row house.  She's digging for money wherever she thinks she will find it - legitimate or not.  

Don't bother being nice.  It only comes back to bite you.  No good deed goes unpunished.  I'm pissed that I let her slack for years on end thinking she would see what I let her get away with and not turn on me when she left my employ.

WRONG. 



No comments: