Saturday, October 30, 2021

Choreography Time

 I will need Laura's help on this one.  It's time to start thinking about the father/daughter dance for my daughter's wedding in June.  Both husband and daughter are looking to me to help with the choreography.  I'm looking to Laura to help me with the choreography.  I'm confident that between Laura and I we will come up with a dance that will be fun and memorable.

The first step for choreographing a dance, at least in my mind, is the music.  Once, the music is selected the dance moves almost create themselves.  The selected music is Glen Miller's "In The Mood" which was my daughter's paternal grandparents' song when they were dating.  Yes, her paternal grandparents really are that old, and sadly now both deceased, as her father was born late in life.  

It took no prompting for my daughter to choose this song.  She selected it entirely on her own without any influence.  She did not even know the history of it when she selected it.  She cried when I told her the meaning of it and how it was her grandparents' song.  I'm so glad her grandparents will be there in spirit (literally) on her wedding day.  




No comments: