Thursday, October 28, 2021

50's Day

 It was 1950's day at Laura's Class today.  With that being said, we heard songs from The Big Bopper, Ritchie Valens, and Buddy Holly.  Lo and behold, all three died when their plane, headed for Moorhead Minnesota from Iowa, crashed in a corn field in Iowa not long after takeoff.  

Actually having been to Moorhead, Minnesota....my choice.  Die in a plane crash en route to Moorhead?  OR... actually go to Moorhead.  Hmmmmmmm.  I have relatives in the Moorhead area.  Let's just say that Moorhead is Fargo's little sister, who does not have the same corny fame that Fargo has.  After all, they are right across the river from each other.  LOVE YOU MOORHEAD. 

All kidding aside, it was a tragic day for American pop music.  My mother went to school with Buddy Holly's cousins.  My husband's old boss had tickets for the show that never happened.  

Where I'm going with this is so much talent died on that day.  For whatever reason, I feel the need to honor their talents and contributions to rock-n-roll.  They may be gone physically, but their music lives on.  FWIW:  I love the saxophone in Big Bopper's Chantilly Lace.  





No comments: