Thursday, December 24, 2020

Quesadillas and Bean Dip with Corn Chip Scoops

 It's an unusual Christmas Eve.  Usually about now I'm racing around making preparations for our annual gathering after attending church service.  

Not this year.  The church service is online and nobody is coming over.  

Yesterday I made the trek to San Jose to drop off gifts for my son and his husband.  I did not even get to hug him or go inside his house.  Usually they come up and stay for a couple days over Christmas.  On the bright side, I got to see his face and not an image on a screen.  

Another tradition buster:  Mexican food for Christmas Eve dinner.  I'm going to make quesadillas and we will have M's bean dip with corn chip scoops.  It's been a long time since I've made M's bean dip.  I had to call her to ask what was in it.  It's been a long time for her as well and she had to dig through her memory bank to recall the recipe.  M's bean dip is *really* good.  I remember one party I had some years ago and M brought her famous bean dip.  One of my husband's friends commented, "I am going to marry whoever made this bean dip - even if it's a guy."  

At the time my husband's friend was, what he thought, to be happily married.  Nope.  The wife decided to run off with some guy in a motorcycle gang.  M is now single as well.  Perhaps the bean dip marriage will really happen. 


No comments: