Saturday, December 5, 2020

COVID Vaccine

 Everybody is anticipating the arrival and distribution of the COVID vaccine.  Not so fast.  I'm no doctor nor scientist, but I do know that vaccines take years to develop with in-depth testing.  How did the COVID vaccine jump though all the scrutinizing so quickly?  Is it because it's an emergency?  Yeah, I guess I could buy that.  At the risk of sounding like a conspiracy theorist, I know of nurses who work the COVID units who do not want the vaccine for that very reason - the long term effects are unknown.  

One theory is that the vaccine should not be given to younger people as the long-term effect will be sterilization.  This is supposedly on purpose as over population is what's going to kill us all.  We can't seem to control our own reproduction at sustainable levels so it has to be done for us.  The government will somehow think we will have a choice to get the vaccine, but the 'choice' will not be a choice at all.  Proof of COVID vaccination will be required to fly, attend events, etc. 

In any event, one of the most helpful things you can do is to get the pneumonia vaccine.  No, it will not prevent COVID but it can help you survive it.  I've heard that's one of the reasons the US death rate is so high; we don't vaccinate ourselves for pneumonia like other nations do.  The pneumonia vaccine has been around for a long time and I personally trust that more than some vaccine that has been rushed through the process.  

In the meantime please stay safe out there.  I don't wish the virus on anybody - even those I have angrily roasted in this dumb blog. 

 



No comments: