Tuesday, August 25, 2020

I'm Not Doing Your Job For You

 I administer a very large pension plan.  I collect the contributions here, make certain it's all in order including people's names, social security numbers, employer, hours worked, and gross earnings.  I then send it off back east to the Mother Office.  

The Mother Office is a huge fuster cluck.  The left hand does not know what the right hand is doing and I swear they hire most idiotic, lazy people.  I got a call on Friday stating that my local collection area is due a refund of over $4,000 for double contributions.  

What?  No way.  

As much as I would want to jump on the chance of getting money returned, I know better.  Plus, I'm very meticulous at what I send to the Mother Office and I balance out each and every month before I export the data and the money.  Everything matches to the penny.

I asked the Mother Office where and how the duplicate payments and reports were, and I get back a bunch of summary reports that have nothing to do with the so-called duplication.  

They are sending me their piles of stuff to wade through to figure it out.  I've already responded that I don't show any duplication whatsoever, and to NOT send me the refund.  I'm not doing their job for them.

No comments: