Saturday, May 26, 2018

Milestone Birthday

My son is having a milestone birthday.  I can't believe it - as that means I'm that much older.  Yikes!!

So far so good with both of my kids.  I've never had the cops come to the door, deal with drugs or alcohol, or had to bail them out of jail.  They both have self-respect, but are compassionate and considerate of others. 

Whew. 

Who knows what parenting styles work and what other ones do not.  What works for one family may not work for another.  The only thing I know for certain is that I have given every ounce of my being  mentally, physically, financially, emotionally, etc., etc., etc., to raise them.

Raising kids is exhausting, difficult, expensive, and you pretty much lose yourself in the process because so much if focused on THEM.  It's not glamours and the pay is non-existent.  You are on call 24/7 for the rest of your life. 

I gave it my best shot.  I tried to be there for them.  Seeing what fine young adults they have turned out to be gives me great satisfaction. 

So far so good. 


No comments: