Thursday, February 1, 2018

Chainmail for the 21st Century

I'm sure you all thought that the only use of Medieval chainmail was for costumes these days.  Alas! There remains a practical use of chainmail in the modern world.  Check this out.
This handy chainmail gadget is for cleaning cast iron skillets.  I have a cast iron skillet that is well over 100 years old and I LOVE IT.  My cast iron skillet is high quality and not the cheap composite junk that's usually sold today.  We all know that you're never supposed to get cast iron wet nor use soap on it.  It ruins it.  Instead, wiping the cast iron with chainmail does a surprisingly great job -- no water needed.  Just wipe with the chainmail.  All this time I had been using crumpled up foil to clean my cast iron skillet.  Bonus:  It can double as a hot pad.  I had NO idea this even existed.  Knights in armour still exist!!!!!  My HERO. xxoo - THANK YOU, BABE, FOR THINKING OF ME.

No comments: