Sunday, February 15, 2015

Valentine's Day Weddings

Awwwwww look.  This is my cousin getting married in rural Minnesota.  It's her second marriage and I'm not sure what number it is for the groom.  My cousin is a gorgeous, tall, slender blonde who eats like a pig and never gains an ounce.  She also is in her mid 40's and looks like she's in her 20's.  Bitch.  No.....she's not a bitch. I'm just jealous and I will freely admit it.

My cousin's wedding was more or less a civil ceremony with some family and friends present.  What completely cracked me up, and I do hope it starts a nation-wide trend, was the fact that beer was served AT the wedding and DURING the ceremony (which was pretty short and sweet) see photo above.   I can't make this stuff up, people. 

The other wedding today was in San Jose.  A lesbian couple who have been together for 28 years and raised three mentally and physically handicapped children they adopted (kids of crack addicts, abandonment, and physical abuse horror stories) finally made it public.  I have never been to a same-sex ceremony, but I have a feeling it will be first of many.  Their wedding was dignified and small.

I guess my point is that there are all sorts of wedding styles and venues that go the spectrum.  For those planning on tying the knot, please don't think that there are rules and rituals you must follow. 


No comments: